Cristiano Carotti, born 1981, lives and works between Rome and Terni.
Educated at the Academy of Fine Arts of Terni, he articulates his research between painting and installation.
His work investigates social dynamics in their most extreme expressions, through the study of the archetypical power of the symbol among communities.
He was given recognition in museum establishment: in 2013 the sculpture “Hai Paura del Buio”, after been shown in Torino and Milan was presented at the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome; at the end of 2014 the work “Italianrocket1861” was acquired in the permanent collection of the M.A.C.I.S.T. of Biella; in 2015 the project “Blackswallow V14” was presented during the Venice Biennale ; in 2016 HALLE 14 – Spinnerai Center of Contemporary Art of Leipzig exhibited the corpus of works produced during the art residency in the space of the museum.
He exhibited in several national and international occasions and he operates in music, theatre and cinema: in 2016 his video “Camera Red”, realized for RRUNA brand, was selected among the finalists of the Istanbul Fashion Film Festival.
Selected solo shows
- Dove sono gli ultras – White Noise Gallery, Rome
- Redux – Blu di Prussia Gallery, Naples
- Blackswallow V14 – Site specific, Venice, Squero di San Trovaso – All around art and Galleria Al Blu di Prussia, Naples
- Waterloove – Galleria Al Blu di Prussia, Naples
- Nothing But the Rainbows – Galleria Canovaccio, Terni
- PGR (Per Grazia Ricevuta) – Quattrocentometri Gallery, Ancona
- The Fairytale Machine – BT’F Gallery, Bologna
- Golyat – Sala degli Almadiani, Viterbo
- Sospesi tra il circo e la notte – Galleria Miomao, Perugia
Selected group shows
- Jungle Jim of Mind – Halle 14, Spinnerai Center of Contemporary Art, Lepizig
- Terapie d’urto – LUISS University, Rome
- Permanent Collection – M.A.C.I.S.T., Biella
- Hai Paura Del Buio Festival – Auditorium Parco della Musica, Roma
- Tell Mum Everything it’s Ok – Palazzo della Penna, Perugia
- +50, Sculture in città – Palazzo Collicola, Spoleto
- 54.Biennale di Venezia, Padiglione Italia, Umbria
- For your eyes & not only – Infantellina Contemporary, Berlin
- Humans & Gods – Infantellina Contemporary, Berlin